Based on our research, PetSmart, a leading pet retail store in the United States, does not generally use drug tests for the majority of its positions. It is important to note that there could be exceptions to this, and the rules could change, but based on the research we’ve done, drug testing is not a routine part of their hiring process.
The information provided in this post is researched from various sources, including the official PetSmart website as well as feedback from current and former employees.
What Positions are Available at PetSmart?
There are several entry-level positions available at PetSmart. Here are a few of them:
- Sales Associate: This position involves interacting with customers, stocking shelves, and maintaining store cleanliness. The average hourly pay for a sales associate at PetSmart is estimated at $11 to $13.
- Pet Care Associate: This role requires feeding, caring for, and providing basic medical attention to animals in the store. The estimated pay range is $9 to $12 per hour.
- Cashier: As a cashier, you’ll handle transactions and ensure excellent customer service. The average hourly wage for this role ranges from $10 to $12.
- Dog Bather/Groomer Trainee: This role is for those passionate about animal care. A dog bather/groomer trainee helps in maintaining the pets’ hygiene and grooming needs. The estimated wage for this position ranges from $9 to $11 per hour.
- Stocker: As a stocker, you’ll be responsible for organizing merchandise on the sales floor and in storage. The estimated hourly wage for this role ranges between $10 and $12.
Does PetSmart Drug Test Any Positions?
According to our research, PetSmart does not regularly perform drug tests for any positions. However, this policy could vary by location or change at any time. Always confirm with your local store or regional manager.
Does PetSmart Drug Test for a Promotion?
Our research indicates that PetSmart does not typically drug test when employees are being considered for promotion. However, this may not be a hard-and-fast rule and could change, so it’s best to always stay informed about the company’s current policies.
Does PetSmart Drug Test if Injured on the Job?
While routine drug testing isn’t standard at PetSmart, it’s important to note that if an employee gets injured on the job, the company does reserve the right to administer a drug test. This is standard practice for many businesses to assess if drug use may have contributed to the accident.
In conclusion, it’s clear that while PetSmart doesn’t typically drug test for hiring or promotions, the company policy can change, and exceptions may exist, particularly when an injury occurs on the job. It’s vital to stay updated on these policies as you navigate your employment journey with PetSmart. Understanding your potential employer’s drug testing policy is an important step in preparing for your future career.